June 29, 2020
The pool will be opening today at noon! Please wear a mask when checking in and while using the restrooms and keep your family socially distanced from others.
For all other pool-related information, go here.
June 23, 2020
The pool is being filled!!!
Tuesday, June 30, the SECA Pool will open it’s doors to the public at noon!
Pool hours will be 12 to 7 pm, everyday.
Pool Memberships are available at an adjusted rate, here.
|Daily Rate Schedule||Full Day||After 5 PM|
|Kids (ages 4-12/under 4 free)||$5||$3|
|Seniors (over 60)||$5||$3|
June 9, 2020
With the first day of summer right around the corner, we wanted to provide everyone with a status update in regards to the opening of our pool for the summer season. There are still a few renovations that need to be completed before we are able to open such as: completion of installing piping for our new water features, pouring concrete to cover those pipes and also the installation of our new pool surface before we can fill the pool with water. Knowing this, we are about a week to two weeks away from completion which is of course a time frame that is weather dependant. Once those tasks are completed we will be able to open our pool to the public. All of our staff have been thoroughly trained on our new protocol in response to COVID-19 and we have been working diligently to get the bathhouse and desk areas ready for the season. All of our brand new water features and water slide will be installed during non-operating hours later in the summer so that we are able to open earlier than expected and can better serve our community. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call us at 717-806-0123. We thank you for your understanding during these unpredictable circumstances and look forward to seeing you all at the our pool very soon!!!
May 20, 2020
The SECA Pool has been a popular summer pastime for the residents in the Southern End of Lancaster County for several generations but with the current conditions that we are all experiencing, it is safe to say that this summer will be like nothing we can remember. Knowing this fact, the SECA Board of Directors would like to provide a statement of intent on the upcoming 2020 Pool Season that was originally scheduled to start on Saturday, May 23, 2020.
First and foremost we want to express that the health and welfare of our staff, volunteers and our community has and will continue to remain our top priority. We realize that there is a lot of uncertainty in the world right now and wanted to reach out to the community that we serve to keep you informed of the status of our pool as we near the 2020 summer pool season. Unfortunately, with the current circumstances and the delay that took place with our pool construction we will not be able to open the pool this coming Saturday as we have in the past. However, we completely understand the importance of our pool to this community as it was profoundly shown through our pool capital campaign, that to date has raised closed to $700,000. With that on our minds, the board has been meeting on a regular basis to keep up to date on the current information and guidelines that pertain to our pool and feel moving forward with the planning for the upcoming season is the right choice to make at this time. We have put a lot of time and effort into our pool, and we will continue to plan accordingly to the best of our ability. It is our hope that the current state of quarantine will provide time for State and Local Agencies to permit our pool season to commence with the proper precautions in place to ensure everyone involved is safe. Please read the April letter below to view the extra measures that we plan to take this summer in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Also please review the following decisions and provisions to that plan made by our board or directors at our meeting on Monday, May 18 2020:
- We will continue to plan and prepare for the upcoming pool season.
- A decision will be made on or before June 1st 2020 about a potential start date for the season.
- We have contacted our pool contractor to request an update on the timeline for completion of construction for the pool. He informed us that there is still about 4 to 6 weeks of construction remaining until completion which is weather pending.
- The pool complex occupancy will be limited to follow the guidelines put forth by the CDC and PA Department of Health which limits each active zone to 25 people.
- All patrons will be spaced out throughout the complex to allow for proper social distancing to occur when not in the water.
- Informative signage will be posted throughout the complex in regards to social distancing, hand washing and other guidelines that may apply.
- Any decision of canceling or postponing the season will be done at the guidance of both State and Federal Agencies with the safety of our staff and community as our top priority.
- If the decision is made to cancel our season, all season pool pass members will be reimbursed their full amount or have the option to save it as a credit for next summer.
- If the decision is made to postpone our season, all season pool pass members will be reimbursed a fair and just amount based on the amount of days that we are unable to open. All pool pass members would also have the option to donate back any refund they may be given to support our pool so that it will be around for many years to come.
- Our summer pool season consists of 98 days so for each day that we are not open our season pool pass members would be reimbursed the following rate per day based on the pass that they purchased:
- 1 Person Pool Pass-$1.40 per day
- 2 Person Pool Pass-$2.10 per day
- 3 Person Pool Pass-$2.60 per day
- 4 Person Pool Pass-$3.05 per day
- 5 or 6 Person Pool Pass-$3.30 per day
- Senior Citizen Pool Pass-$0.85 per day
We will continue to follow all recommendations and want to ensure all our supporters that we are trying to do the best thing for our community and fellow citizens. This is a very hard time for all of us in the nation and we will continue to work hard and plan for the best, knowing there is a chance that the worst may become a possibility.
Our Board of Directors thank you all for your continued support, wish you health during this time, and hope to see you at our pool this summer.
April 28, 2020
As you already know, SECA canceled or postponed all programs and events following federal and state guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 for the health and safety of our team and community in March. With this being the case, our off-season pool renovation project is currently on hold and will need to be completed once construction is permitted to take place in the state. Since much uncertainty exists as to when this will be, we are proceeding with the hope that we will be able to open as originally scheduled. We are managing the situation one week at a time, and with the goal of providing the best experience possible for you, our valued guests.
Once we are able to open, the safety of our guests and workers will continue to be our highest priority. We plan to continue our normal health and hygiene protocols as well as implement additional preventative measures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Our high standard of cleanliness will assists us with illness prevention. These additional rigorous sanitation standards and robust cleaning procedures will include:
- Specified intervals for frequent sanitation of targeted areas throughout the day such as restrooms, railings and ladders;
- Readily available hand sanitizer location at our front desk and snack bar areas;
- Quick response to spills, trash and other situations using proper PPE;
- Our pavilion and tables will be cleaned and hosed down on a daily basis;
- Pool furniture will be spread throughout the complex to allow a comfortable distance from those that are not with you for the day;
- Daily and frequent sanitation procedures for restrooms and counter tops;
- Daily and frequent sanitation of all pool furniture located inside of the pool complex;
- Our front desk staff will sign you in upon arrival to our pool complex;
- Additional training for our staff on proper protocol for these additional preventative measures;
These additional steps along with our normal health and hygiene protocols will allow us to provide a safe and fun environment for you and your family to enjoy throughout the summer. We can assure you that we are fully staffed for the summer already and many team members have expressed their desire to get back to work this summer. Our guests and staff are providing hope for the brighter days ahead. We couldn’t be more appreciative of this support and hope you know we’re eager to welcome everyone back to our newly renovated pool as soon as safely possible.
We will continue to keep you updated as we receive guidance as to what the summer pool season will look like for 2020. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at 717-806-0123 or by email at email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding as we do our best to navigate this unprecedented situation. Please stay healthy and happy – We’ll see you soon!
SECA Board of Directors