May 20, 2020
Due to the extraordinary situation we find the nation in at this current time, the SECA Board of Directors would like to provide a statement of intent for our annual SECA Fest event scheduled for July 11, 2020.
The health and welfare of our staff, volunteers and our community has and will continue to remain our top priority. We realize that there are certainly some overall concerns, but the board feels as though it is too early to make any formal decisions on canceling or postponing the event which is six and a half weeks away. The board has put a lot of time and effort into the planning process for this event, and we will continue to plan accordingly to the best of our ability. The board has been meeting on a regular basis to keep up to date on the current information that pertains to our decision and feel moving forward with the planning of this event is the right choice to make at this time. It is our hope that the current state of quarantine will provide time for State and Local Agencies to permit a gathering such as this, with proper precautions in place to ensure everyone involved is safe.
The board has made the following decisions and provisions:
- Our 2020 SECA Fest event is still scheduled for July 11, 2020 and we will continue to plan and advertise for the event.
- A decision will be made on or before June 15, 2020.
- We have contacted the ride vendor, The Bull Guys, and requested they provide suggestions of attractions for all to enjoy that would mitigate the spread of infection at the event. We are awaiting their response for those suggestions, but have decided not to have any type of inflatable at our event due to sanitary concerns.
- We will be requesting all vendors provide hand cleaning stations or hand sanitizer and ensure all surfaces are cleaned on a regular basis.
- All vendors will be further spread out through Memorial Park and if needed, SECA Park as well, to allow everyone to continue to practice safe social distancing during the event.
- Any decision of canceling the event will be done at the guidance of both State and Federal Agencies with the safety of our staff and community as our top priority.
- If the decision is made to cancel the event, vendors will be reimbursed in full.
- Any organization that has sponsored or donated to this specific event will be contacted and given the opportunity for a full refund or to sponsor or donate to another SECA event.
We will continue to follow all recommendations and we want to ensure all of our supporters that we are trying to do the best thing for our community and fellow citizens. This is a very hard time for all of us in the nation and we will continue to work hard and plan for the best, knowing there is a chance that the worst may become a possibility.
Our Board of Directors thanks you all for your continued support, wish you health during this time and hope to see you at the 2020 SECA Fest.
If you wish to sign up as a sponsor and/or vendor, please fill out the appropriate form(s) and return to SECA no later than June 22, 2020.